Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy and sweet. Betcha can't eat just one!
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir and cook until sugar has melted and mixture almost comes to a boil.
- Be careful not to let it burn.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Pack mixture into a greased 9x9-inch pan.
- Let it cool.
- Icing: Combine chocolate chip and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Heat and stir until chocolate chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and spread over bars.
- Cool completely.
- Cut and remove from pan.
These are super easy to make. I never have left overs with this dessert. They are a hit. They are also vegetarian - no marshmallows.
I've made these cereal bars for years without the sweetened condensed milk - just PB, corn syrup,etc.. This recipe is very good and will be my favorite way to make these. Doubling the recipe, I can use the full can of sweetened condensed milk and a full box of Kix (my cereal of choice for these). With or without the chocolate chip topping, they're great.
Found this in a "can't believe no one has tried this recipe" thread and Mae's right! I can't believe no one has tried it!! These were absolutely sinful (notice I said "were"....because they all disappeared in less than 5 hours). Chewy and sweet and very rich, so you really only need a small piece (but who can cut a small piece??). I know we'll be making these often here..... The only change I made was to use Special K instead of Rice Krispies because that's all I had....worked perfectly! Thanks Mae for bringing this one to my attention!