Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Copied from an unknown source.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- scallion, chopped
- Lightly spray a large non-stick saucepan with cooking spray.
- Place over low heat; add onions and cook, stirring frequently until onions are wilted, about 15 mminutes.
- Add wine, stock and herbs.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch and evaporated milk, mixing well.
- Add to onion soup.
- Return soup to a simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with chopped scallions.