Recipe by pines506
I came up with this the other night trying to think of something different to do with noodles. The family scraped the pan clean, so I figured I'd better put it here, so I don't forget it!
Top Review by DoubletheGarlic
Partly because of Heather's review and partly because I was calorie-spooked :-), I made the roux with 3T 3T. Also, instead of soup base and Jane's salt, I used boullion powder to taste. And I didn't take the time to bake the noodles. As it was, this was a perfect "comfort food" side for our Southern Fried Chicken tonight! Thanks for posting your yummy cReAtiVe wHiM! It was enjoyed by all.
- 8 -10 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- milk, if needed to thin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt butter and add flour to make a roux. Whisk in half n half and soup.
- Add cream cheese, soup base, pepper, parsley and Jane's salt.
- Cook on med-low, stirring until thickened. If it gets to thick, add some milk to thin.
- When thickened, add drained noodles and mix together.
- Pour into a greased 11 x 7 casserole.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.