Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite dressing now! It was recommended to me by my boss, and it's so fresh and yummy and so easy to make! I hope you like it too! Note: The original recipe calls for 1 extra-large egg yolk, but I don't care for raw eggs, so I leave it out, which the recipe says is fine to do. I just added it as an option.
- 44.37 ml champagne vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml minced fresh garlic
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil (I use Tasso brand)
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper (and egg yolk if using).
- While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to moisten and serve immediately.
This is a quick and flavorful salad dressing. I made as written and omitted the optional egg yolk. Great dressing to prepare when you are in a hurry.
This is excellent, great recipe. It is spilling with freshness, wonderful taste, and just delightful perched on baby salad greens. I didn't change one thing about this recipe, as I know anything that has Ina's name on it, is absolute over the top for your tastebuds. I even added the optional egg yolk that does in fact, give it the creaminess desired in this type of dressing. This was not thin at all, and stuck nicely to the salad leaves, I could of easily eaten the whole bowl of salad by myself. Goes on my list of keepers! Made for *Football Week Six* ~ your win, October 2009
This was good, but not great. It was not thick like I thought it should be.