Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pasta has a delicious creamy taste without the fat! Try it .. you will not be disappointed. It is also quick and easy to prepare.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped (WW brand if possible)
- 7 mushrooms, sliced
- 185 ml evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 200 g pasta (any type - I use penne or fettucine)
- chili flakes (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray and sauté finely chopped onion, capsicum, bacon and garlic.
- When soft add mushrooms and as much or as little chilli as you like.
- Cook until soft.
- Put pasta into boiling water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook to your liking.
- Add dijon mustard and evaporated milk to the onion mix.
- Stir to combine and heat very gently until pasta is ready.
- If you like a'wetter' sauce add a small amount of the pasta cooking water to the onion/milk mixture.
- Place washed spinach leaves into a colander.
- When ready drain the pasta over the spinach.
- This will wilt the spinach- the only'cooking' it needs.
- Add the pasta/spinach mix to the sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve topped with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan cheese if desired.
- **Note: In Australia, on the Weight Watchers points plan, WW bacon is 1/2 a point for 3 slices and the small tin (185ml) of carnation brand light and creamy evaporated milk is 3 points.