Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in a book called Recipes for a Yummy Tummy....it's really simple and very tasty. I like to add a few chilli flakes to the mix for a little extra heat.
- 350 g lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 g mixed beans, drained
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 red chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup polenta
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 375 ml evaporated milk (light and creamy)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (low fat)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Brown the beef with the oil and garlic.
- Add the next six ingredients, stir until the mixture boils, then simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon the mixture into four 1 cup ( 250ml) ovenproof bowls ( or one large one!).
- Combine the polenta with the boiling water in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients, beat to combine and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the beef and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and set.