8 hrs 20 mins
I find this recipe to be very flavorful and easy to prepare. My Littles always like it. I use a low sodium chicken broth and low fat cream of mushroom soup. The rice comes out very creamy and the chicken is always tender and delicious. Great hearty meal for fall, or anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces milk
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, loosely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 celery ribs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1Add rice to slow cooker.
- 2Combine Cream of Mushroom Soup, Milk, Chicken broth, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper. Add this to slow cooker.
- 3Add carrots, onions, celery to slow cooker.
- 4Add chicken on top.
- 5Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- 6Season with Lemon Pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Low Fat Chicken and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 1121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: