1/1 Photo of Creamy Lemony Green Beans
I had no idea what lemon curd was for a while, then I found bottles of it on the clearance pile at Stop & Shop. It is an English delicacy that is used in both savory and sweet dishes, and enhances the flavors of meats and veggies as well as making for a sweet toast and pastry spread. Hence, I used my favorite vegetable to experiment with lemon curd. Whole and cut green beans work, I like them tender but not mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam the green beans to their desired consistency (chewy or tender.).
- 2Drain them and rinse with cold water to shock them into a vibrant hue.
- 3Pat the greenbeans dry then put them in a mixing bowl.
- 4In a small bowl, make the sauce by blending the lemon curd, lemon juice olive oil, mustard, and garlic. Microwave for about 30-40 seconds, just enough to heat it but make sure your microwave doesn't totally kill it.
- 5Pour the sauce over the greenbeans, and toss well to coat.
- 6Top with walnuts for crunch and pizazz.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemony Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: