Recipe by Ceezie
The title says it all!
Top Review by internetnut
I'm not rating this as I haven't tried this recipe. The copy of this recipe is slightly different it says to use a 8-9-inch graham cracker crumb crust. Also it calls for a Creamy Lemon Meringue: Omit whipped topping. In small mixer bowl, beat 3 egg whites with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Spread on top of pie, sealing carefully to edge of crust. Bake in preheated 350 oven 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Chill throughly. Use only Grade A clean, uncracked eggs. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 ounces graham cracker crust
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat egg yolks in a medium sized bowl with rotary beater or fork; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring. Pour into crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. Chill at least 3 hours before serving and spread whipped topping over pie. Store covered leftovers in fridge.