Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious and refreshing summertime salad! A lime Jell-o salad, made creamy by lemon pudding. Can use one can of lemon pudding instead of the prepared lemon instant pudding. Posted in response to a request. Servings and times are estimates.
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin (or 2 3-oz boxes)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced apples, unpeeled for color
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Dissolve lime Jell-O in the 2 cups boiling water.
- Stir in the 1 1/4 cups cold water; Chill until almost set; 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- In large bowl, prepare the lemon pudding with the milk, according to package directions; Let set in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Combine the prepared pudding and the partially set Jell-O and blend; Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the diced apples and walnuts; Pour into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish or large serving bowl or mold; Chill until set.
- Serve as is, or with a dollop of Cool Whip or mayonnaise on top of each serving.
This was very good - a refreshing way to serve a Waldorf salad, and a bit healthier. Very kid friendly, although my child didn't care for the nuts in this (even though she enjoys nuts). I used red skinned apples to allow the color the show.