Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grits are a great substitute for potatoes, pasta, or rice. This particular recipe is wonderful served under grilled shrimp.
- Melt butter with olive oil in medium pot.
- Add onions, garlic, and chopped jalapenos. Saute until onions are softened.
- Add chicken broth and milk; bring to a boil.
- Add grits, lower heat and stir constantly with a whisk for three to five minutes until cooked.
- Add Velveeta and pepper jack cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and well blended.
- If grits are too thick, add a little milk to loosen them up.
- Serve immediately.