Recipe by Gigi
Thick and creamy, just the right blend of flavors. Without question, my favorite salad dressing in the world. Great on baked potatoes, too.
Top Review by robbin.oakley
I tell you what..this is the best dressing recipe I have ever tasted!! And easy!!! OMG! I will never ever buy store bought stuff again! Laurie was right, the onion is a great addition. Big thanks for sharing!!!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's if possible)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion (Vidalia preferred, 1/4-1/2 c., depending on taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in blender container; cover.
- Blend on medium speed 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Cover; chill and let flavors meld several hours.
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- NOTE: Vidalia seems to make a thicker dressing.
- Please do not use a hot onion.