Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mom found this recipe in Taste of Home's New Slow-Cooker cookbook. Our family LOVED IT. She shared it with several people at our school who also said their families devoured it. Good for a Sunday morning meal!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (optional)
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- Stir in mushrooms, pour over chicken, and cook 1 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
We really liked this. I doubled the recipe for my family but followed the ingredients as written. I didn't add the optional mushrooms. I did cook this on the stove top as I was using my crockpot for OAMC.