Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Found this in a magazine
Make and share this Creamy Farro Pilaf With Wild Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup cracked farro
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 12 ounces wild mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch slices (such as shiitakes or oysters)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 bunch spinach, stemmed (10 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbs oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add farro, stirring until toasted, 1 minute. Add wine and reduce by half. Add stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until farro is tender and creamy, 35-40 minutes. Season with salt and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450°F On a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with remaining 2 tbs oil and season with salt and pepper flakes. Roast, stirring once, until crisp and golden, 20-22 minutes.
- Warm farro over medium heat and add spinach, stirring until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parmesan. Top with additional parmesan.