Recipe by Alison of the North Country
A modification of an Alaskan fisherman's onboard standby to make it less "galley bare-bones" and more worthy of the home kitchen.
- 1 -2 lb halibut fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse fillet(s) in cold water, pat dry. Place in 13"x9" glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cover with lemon juice. Allow to marinate in lemon juice for 15-20 minutes.
- Cover fish with diced onion and evenly distribute garlic and curry powder over fish. Pour evaporated milk over fish.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes. Halibut is done when it flakes apart easily when gently pulled with a fork.