Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A refreshing soup that tastes like summer... cool, clean and fresh.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- Clean and peel cucumbers, chopping them into chunks. If desired, English cucumbers can be substituted for common cucumbers.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Place garlic, onion, cucumber and 1/2 cup of stock into food processor or blender.
- Blend until somewhat smooth with some small chunks of cucumber or blend to consistency desired.
- Add yogurt, remaining stock, lemon juice, salt and pepper to combined ingredients in bowl and whisk together until well blended. Season to taste.
- Pour soup into a tightly covered container and place in refrigerator to chill overnight. (the chilling time mellows the raw onion and garlic and allows the flavours to mingle).
- Serve cold.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as coriander, dill, or basil.