Recipe by KPD
Yummy!! Free up your oven and cook this classic dish in your crock pot! I made this is my taller older, 4 qt. crock pot rather than my new larger oval shaped one that tends to run hot. This could also be baked in the oven if necessary.
- 453.59 g macaroni
- 59.16 ml butter
- 591.47 ml shredded cheddar cheese (I use combination of freshly shredded medium cheddar and extra sharp cheddar)
- 297.66 g cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml mustard powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni 4-6 minutes, keeping macaroni very al dente. Drain. Toss hot pasta with butter.
- In a greased crock pot, add cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, eggs, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Mix to combine.
- Add pasta to crock pot. Stir to combine well.
- Cook on low 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (Careful because when I cooked mine 30 min too long, it started to become grainy!).