I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it is on of my favorites. As a working mom, I love to come home to a meal ready in the crock pot. Add a salad or some sandwiches on sourdough bread, and you've got a wonderful winter meal. Don't forget to take some to work for lunch tomorrow!
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups approx water (enough to cover, see step 1 below)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In slow cooker place the potatoes, onions, ham, celery, corn, butter or margarine and salt and pepper. Add water to cover and add two bouillon cubes.
- Cook on low setting for 8 - 9 hours. Stir in the evaporated milk, and continue to cook for 30 more minutes.