Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a chocolatey take on the ever so popular classic rice pudding/creamed rice. Its easy to make, can be dressed up to look spectacular and tastes so good. Pure comfort food, if you ask me. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do! :) Note: This could easily be veganised by using a non-dairy milk and a vegan chocolate spread. Let me know how this turns out four you if you try it.
- 125 g risotto rice (short grain rice)
- 500 ml milk (low-fat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (can sub splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (I use an organic one)
- In a pot combine rice, sugar, vanilla and milk. Heat over medium heat until milk starts to boil stirring frequently to prevent rice from sticking to the pot.
- Stirring frequently simmer on low for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy. Depending on your rice this may take longer.
- Now stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread. I used 2 heaping tbs, but depending on what type of spread you use you may want to add some more to get it chocolatey enough for your taste.
- Serve warm.
- Note: I think this would be wonderful served with fresh fruit or a fruit sauce, some chocolate curls or cream. Feel free to experiment with toppings of your choice.
Made this delightful treat the other day using a generous amount of Nutella & it was wonderful! I'm always looking for new ways to get a nice chocolate fix, & this is absolutely great! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]