Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is from www.meals.com. When I made it, I substituted dry milk powder for the evaporated milk, thinking it was the same thing! As a result, my pudding ended up with the consistency of a fudge bar! But this tastes fantastic, so I'm sure it makes a fabulous pudding when you use the RIGHT ingredients! :-) Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add evaporated milk and water; whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 7 minutes or until pudding thickens (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nice texture and consistency and definitely chocolatey but I thought the taste was a bit "off". Think I might skip the salt and butter if I make it again.
It was okay, a bit too rich. I think I would use whole milk the next time and leave out the butter. I don't think it was necessary. The pudding had a good texture and I used it as a pie filling.