Recipe by PaulaG
As a salad dressing: Toss with a Mexican-flavored salad made with romaine lettuce, sliced avocado, tomato, red onion or your favorite salad. As a cold sauce: Drizzle over grilled chicken or fish, spoon over baked sweet potatoes, or paint on bbq ribs.
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 2 large oranges)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine the orange juice& vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; then, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer vigorously until the liquid is reduced by 2/3, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the liquid from the heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the mayonnaise and whisk together until well blended.
- Add the chipotle, cilantro, cumin and lime juice; whisk together well.
- Season with salt and pepper.