Cuban Skirt Steak
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 cup sour orange juice (Mixed OJ and lime juice can be subbed)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks, each halved crosswise (2 steaks)
- grilled scallion
- grilled bell pepper
- avocado, slices
- Mix marinade ingredients together. Pour into a a large zip-lock bag. Place steak in the bad and seal bag, chilled, at least 6 hours.
- Bring steak to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- While steak comes to room temperature, prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Grill steak on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, turning over once, 6-8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!