Top Review by dubvanj
I can't believe I'm first to review this. Made this last night with just a few changes: instead of spaghetti, I served over mushroom and ricotta stuffed raviolini. I left out the mushrooms as I'm not a huge fan. I also left out the sour cream but only because I forgot it. Even with the changes/omissions, i give this 4 stars. Thanks!
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti (cooked to al dente and drained, measure 1 pound before cooking)
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 0.5 (200 g) package fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use more)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste) or 2 teaspoons white salt (or to taste)
- 4 cups half-and-half cream (or use half milk and cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced (or use 3 small)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in cubed chicken, 1 tablespoon fresh garlic and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning; cook stirring until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through (do not overcook or the chicken will become dry) set aside to a bowl.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add in onion, crushed chili flakes, 1 tablespoon remaining garlic and sliced mushrooms; cook until the onions are soft.
- Stir in flour and seasoned salt; cook stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the 4 cups half and half cream; cook/simmer over low heat stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and Monterey Jack until smooth and melted.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked chicken mixture and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in the sour cream (if using) until heated through but do not boil.
- Serve over cooked pasta, then sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.