Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe but I'm glad I have it. Definitely one of my favorite dishes! It's very creamy and tasty!
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package; drain.
- Melt butter; add onion and cook until golden brown. Add flour, salt, pepper,poultry seasoning and slowly add broth and cream. Stir until mixture begins to boil. Add chicken.
- Place half spaghetti in buttered 13x9 casserole dish. Add half chicken mixture; repeat.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
This was excellent! There were no leftovers. I liked it because I don't care for recipes that use canned soup as a base and this tasted so much better. I didn't have cream so I used 2% milk and I used 1 full teaspoon of poultry seasoning. Thanks for posting. This one is a keeper for us.