Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Campbells, and it's quick and delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining seasoning mix and water; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of the sour cream.
- Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup sour cream.
This was fantastic. I made my regular rice in the rice cooker and then added it to the pan and added the sour cream and melted some of the cheese into it. Yum!
I made this for dinner last night and it was a winner. Husband particularly loved the rice and we all loved the spicy but not too spicy chicken.
Very creamy and would fit nicely into the "Comfort Foods" category. Made for ZWT3. Thanks, Charmie.