Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Penne or rigatoni will also work great for this :)
Top Review by anonymous23
I only used 1 cup of a mozzerella/cheddar mix; next time I will definitely use two (I've been adding it with the leftovers, which isn't quite the same). I also added the red peppers with the cheese so they would stay crisper. I'm not sure precisely what the baking is supposed to accomplish--next time I think I will just blend it all over a medium-low heat (in a non-stick pot, of course) till the cheeses are blended. I'll use more peppers next time. Maybe some broccoli. Seasoned chicken breast strips, too, for a little extra flavor.
- 3 cups fusilli
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper, cut in strips
- frozen green pea
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 -4 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 -4 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 cup grated mozzarella cheese or 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a medium size casserole dish.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until just al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet heat butter over medium heat.
- Add in chicken, onion and garlic; cook for about 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add in red bell pepper and peas; cook stirring occasionally or until veggies are just crisp-tender.
- Mix in cream cheese, broth, wine, basil, seasoned salt and pepper; cook stirring until the cream cheese has melted.
- Toss in the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubble.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and return to oven to melted.