Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this up with some leftover cooked chicken. Very simple and easy.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 50 ounces chicken broth (I used a large can)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons creamy caesar salad dressing (I used a thick type)
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Place chicken, noodles, broth, and Italian seasoning in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until noodles are cooked through.
- Whisk in Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
I think this may be a new favorite for me. I made this with leftover turkey, and I had to make a few changes. I used boullion cubes and water in place of the canned broth. I added 2 minced garlic cloves with the Italian seasoning because I am a garlic lover. I also cooked this on the stove, and turned it off when the pasta was done. I used whole wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces as this is the pasta I had on hand. My soup was a bit on the thin side, but I don't mind. It was so easy to put together, and the taste was terrific. Thank You Sue L for such a simple and delicious recipe, and a new way to use turkey or chicken.
We all loved this soup! Very easy to make but so tasty! I did use small elbow macaroni since I did not have noodles. Thanks Sue L
This was very simple to make but tasted more like something out of a can than we cared for. I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of adding some garlic and while I might make it again if I am in a stump for dinner it was not a huge hit. Thanks for posting.