- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (or 1 bag frozen vegetables)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be left whole or cubed)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 3 -5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sage, leaf crumbled
- black pepper
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables in bottom of crockpot.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Mix both cans of soup, hot water, Worcestershire sauce, sage leaf and black pepper well.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on LOW 5-7 hours.
- Thirty minutes from serving, mix the ingredients for the dumplings until just moistened.
- Turn crockpot onto HIGH.
- Drop dumplings onto bubbling stew and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 30 minutes, or until dumplings are done.
- Do not lift lid!