7 hrs 10 mins
Aunt Willie's Note:
A comforting meal -- perfect for days when you are too busy to cook. This is my mother's recipe that I now make for my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (or 1 bag frozen vegetables)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be left whole or cubed)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 3 -5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sage, leaf crumbled
- black pepper
- 1Place vegetables in bottom of crockpot.
- 2Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- 3Mix both cans of soup, hot water, Worcestershire sauce, sage leaf and black pepper well.
- 4Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- 5Cook on LOW 5-7 hours.
- 6Thirty minutes from serving, mix the ingredients for the dumplings until just moistened.
- 7Turn crockpot onto HIGH.
- 8Drop dumplings onto bubbling stew and cover.
- 9Cook on HIGH 30 minutes, or until dumplings are done.
- 10Do not lift lid!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 1444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: