Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are not your ordinary scrambled eggs. I was getting bored with regular old eggs and came up with this recipe on Sunday. Even my two boys who don't like eggs, ate these.....they were scraping the bowl for the last little bit.
- 9 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 (21 g) wedges laughing cow light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (the secret ingredient!)
- salt and pepper
- Over medium to medium low heat, melt butter in frying pan.
- Add the wedges of laughing cow cheese and slowly melt.
- In mixing bowl, crack and whisk eggs until puffy (or until the cheese has melted in the pan).
- Add eggs to pan & turn with a spatula (you don't want them to get brown marks).
- When the eggs are pretty well set, add the shredded cheddar and take the pan off the heat. Mix the cheddar in by folding over the eggs until cheddar is melted.
- Serve immediately.
I scaled this back to use 3 eggs for 2 of us serving it on large field mushrooms which I had baked in the oven for a lovely breakfast for the DM and I. I used an extra light cream cheese which I seasoned with a herb and garlic seasoning mix and used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella blend of cheese. Thank you chefbren, made for Bargain Basement.