Recipe by VegeMight
This is a tasty, easy sidedish with a cheesy, crispy top.
Top Review by thehungrykiwi
Love this, I used a large orange kumara & 5 med potatoes. Put a layer or kumara, then potatoes, sprinkled 1/2 the onion & a clove of chopped garlic, sprinkled with a wee bit of chicken stock & repeated the layers. Didn't have fresh herbs so sprinkled with dried and baked 180 for 1 hr. Not a bland layer to be seen. Can't wait to eat the leftovers. Yum. Will definately made again, great when you are having people over for dinner.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium large kumara
- 1 onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 250 ml pure cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup packaged breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes and kumara thinly.
- Place into a casserole dish in layers.
- Chop onion & garlic finely and sprinkle over potato and kumara.
- Crumble the stock cube over onion, then add herbs.
- Pour the cream over.
- Follow with the cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly on top.
- Bake in a 180C oven for approx 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is golden and crispy.