Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is based off of my Creamy Bacon & Leek Pasta. It's adapted for my husband and son who both prefer more simple meals. I love it because it takes less than 30 minutes to make and it pairs very nicely (as most pasta dishes do) with a salad and some bread. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 12 -16 ounces farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil. Meanwhile add butter to skillet and melt. Once melted, add onion, garlic and ham. Sauté until onion is soft or ham is slightly browned.
- Once water starts to vigorously boil, add pasta. Meanwhile add flour to mixture one tablespoon at a time stirring constantly. Add in milk 1/2 cup at a time. (Add more or less to suite your tastes for sauce consistency.).
- Once sauce consistency is a little runnier than you like, add cheese and salt. Reduce heat to simmer while you drain pasta.
- Mix drained pasta together with sauce and serve with salad and bread for a complete quick meal!
- This meal is very versatile and you can change the quantities of the pasta or type of pasta to suite your own family's needs.
This was one of the most disliked recipes I've made in a long time. It looks great, but with the ham, parmesan cheese and then adding in the teaspoon of salt, it's saline overload, and guaranteed to make your blood pressure rise. The only thing that might salvage it is the additional of broccoli or cauliflower to help ease up on the saltiness.
Very good! I used sour cream and 1% milk because that's what I had...also added some shredded monterey jack cheese, and didn't need to add salt because the other things gave it enough flavor. DH definitely gave it two thumbs up, and it will make great leftovers for his lunch. Thanks!
We loved this this Mama_Jennie. Super easy and delicious too. I did omit the salt (my ham was quite salty) and I sprinkled on a bit of dill just for fun. It was awesome and I will make this again for sure. Thx for sharing your recipe!