1/3 Photos of Creamy Cheesy Chicken & Rice
Jen Andrews's Note:
Recipe I got several years ago from Quick Cooking. One of my DH favorite dishes. He loves anything with chicken, cheese and rice! Very flavorful comfort food for those cold winter days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1Spread rice into a greased 13x9x2 inches dish, set aside.
- 2In a large sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- 3Gradually add milk, boullion, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Reduce heat; add velvetta, chicken and sour cream.
- 6Stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Pour over rice.
- 8Melt remaining butter.
- 9Toss with crackers.
- 10Sprinkle over casserole.
- 11Baked uncovered at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesy Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.6
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 1060.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g