Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tangy blue cheese gives real bite and body to this tasty soup. Great served with warm crusty bread.
Make and share this Creamy Celery Soup With Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, potato, celery and caraway seeds.
- Fry gently for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Add the stock and milk and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and whizz until smooth, then return to the rinsed saucepan.
- Gently reheat the soup, then stir in the cream. Do not allow to boil.
- Crumble the blue cheese into individual soup bowls and pour over the soup.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
Very good and a bit different! The caraway seeds and blue cheese gave this soup a flavor that you normally don't have in most potato soups. I made this as written, sdding just a bit of salt. Thanx for sharing this great soup!