1/1 Photo of Creamy Celery Soup With Blue Cheese
Tangy blue cheese gives real bite and body to this tasty soup. Great served with warm crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, potato, celery and caraway seeds.
- 2Fry gently for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned.
- 3Add the stock and milk and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and whizz until smooth, then return to the rinsed saucepan.
- 4Gently reheat the soup, then stir in the cream. Do not allow to boil.
- 5Crumble the blue cheese into individual soup bowls and pour over the soup.
- 6Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Celery Soup With Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 270.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: