Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Enjoy this wholesome tasty recipe for Creamy Carrot Soup with Ginger Garlic Bread!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 chunks ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk (optional)
GINGER GARLIC BREAD
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated fine
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot on the stove.
- Add the onions, cook till translucent.
- Add garlic and 1 tablespoon chopped ginger.
- Cook one minute.
- Add sliced carrots, chicken stock, salt, pepper and grated ginger.
- Cook until the carrots are very tender.
- Using immersion blender, blend until smooth and check for flavor, adjust if necessary.
- Add evaporated milk (if using - the evaporated milk adds a delicious creamy flavor and texture with many fewer calories than cream) and heat through.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
- FOR THE GARLIC BREAD:.
- Combine the minced garlic, ginger and soft butter and spread on slices of French bread. Broil until golden (or in my case, until the bread catches fire and the smoke alarm goes off - however, this is not the recommended method.) Serve immediately with the Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup.