Recipe by myangelhayden
Quick weeknight meal that even the kids love! Found in the BHG Potluck Favorites cookbook.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large ovenproof skillet cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is brown.
- Drain off fat from sausage and onion.
- Stir in cabbage.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat about 10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off any extra liquid from the pan.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl, comine bread crumbs and melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle over sausage mixture.
- Bake uncovered , in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden.