Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick weeknight meal that even the kids love! Found in the BHG Potluck Favorites cookbook.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- In large ovenproof skillet cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is brown.
- Drain off fat from sausage and onion.
- Stir in cabbage.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat about 10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off any extra liquid from the pan.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a seperate bowl, comine bread crumbs and melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle over sausage mixture.
- Bake uncovered , in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden.
We made this last night and it was good. We did add 2 shredded carrots. It seemed to be missing something... maybe mustard. It was a quick and hearty weeknight meal.
I made this for our dinner on 6/7/08,and it wasn't bad at all.Next time, I'm going to add a full pound of sausage and decrease the amount of breadcrumbs to just a 1/2 cup.Thank you so much for posting such a very good recipe. This will be made again, and "Keep Smiling :)"
Amazing how such ordinary ingredients come together to make such a great casserole! I used lowfat turkey sausage and reduced-fat sour cream. It was absolutely wonderful....... and easy, too! Thanx for posting this; I'll make it again!