Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 10 ounces low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in margarine until tender.
- Add the flour, bouillon and spices; stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cottage cheese and three fourths of the swiss cheese.
- Drain noodles.
- Spray a 13 X 9 X 2 in baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 3 noodles and a third of the sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese, bake, uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
What a great meal! I used no-boil noodles and low fat cottage cheese. I'll be keeping this recipe close by because it's a good one. Thanks!