Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheesy, yummy and good, with a little kick to it! Great for parties! The guys LOVE this!
- 4 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- In saucepan, heat beer over low heat til warm.
- Stirring, add cheese mixture.
- Stir til melted.
- *If you can't find horseradish mustard, add 1 1/2 teaspoons each of regular mustard and horseradish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or thinly sliced french bread.
Loved this! It went really well with flour tortilla chips, and it was so easy to make. The flavors all complement each other so well. The hardest part was convincing DH to part with one of his Heinekens lol! I told him "don't worry, you'll get it back, just slightly altered". I recommend shredding brick cheese for this, because sauces made with packaged shredded cheeses have a tendency to be somewhat grainy (not sure why, maybe because the extra surface area of the cheese allows it to dry out more?). Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4
Not great, I used Sam Adams which I thought wouldn't overpower the cheese, and although I think that combo was ok, there just wasn't enough flavor from the spices/horseradish. Very bland, won't make again.
I did the recipe for 4 servings. We were only 2 to eat it. There was no leftover LOL He asked me to do it again. Probably tomorrow. We won't buy cheddar dip for tostitos anymore. He never tells me a star rating to put but for this one he told me 5 stars. So that means, it's very great. I used a grainy dijon mustard, Stella Artois beer. Thanks Kelly :) Made for Bevy tag