Recipe by Caryn
A very creamy different tasting salad dressing. Not for the calorie conscious. This recipe comes from 'The American Bounty Sampler' from The Culinary Institute of America (1982).
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, preferably country smoked
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into julienne strips, place in a skillet and saute' until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, using a slotted spoon, and place on paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Place the garlic and onion in hot bacon fat and saute' over high heat until soft.
- Remove from the pan with slotted spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sauteed bacon, garlic and onions with prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, parsley, and honey.
- Whisk all the ingredients together, using a wire whisk.
- Add vinegar, mayonnaise, cream, and milk; whisk vigorously until blended.
- Add ground pepper.
- Serve on salad greens.