I found this recipe in an old cookbook that the SO picked up from Goodwill for me. It's so good (and so fattening) and he LOVES it! You can substitute half and half or light cream for the heavy cream to save on fat and cals, and you can also use bacon instead of the proscuitto as it's quite expensive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta until al dente.
- 2While pasta is boiling heat cream until just warm.
- 3Drain pasta and toss with melted butter.
- 4Add eggs to cream mixture and stir to combine, then toss with pasta.
- 5Add proscuitto, parsley, and parmesan cheese to pasta and toss to combine.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Authentic Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 321.3 mg
- Sodium 395.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: