Authentic (And Easy) Pasta Carbonara
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- Put large pot on to boil for pasta and cook pasta as directed.
- Cut the bacon into 2" pieces and add to saute pan on medium.
- Grate cheese.
- Break eggs into large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add grated cheese to eggs and mix until a paste.
- When pasta is "al dente", remove and drain.
- Immediately add pasta to egg/cheese mixture and use tongs to rapidly toss, coating the pasta. (Don't worry about the raw egg, the hot pasta will cook it).
- Add the bacon with about 1 teaspoon of drippings and continue to toss pasta until a creamy sauce evenly coats the pasta.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of cheese, fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Watch your friends and family scrap the bowl!
- Nice served with a salad and a crisp white wine!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!