Recipe by Lorac
A creamy version of and old favorite spiced with a bit of curry and fresh cilantro. Serve with mashed potatoes and pickled green beans.
Top Review by CraftScout
We really enjoyed this! I loved having a good tasting curry that was cooked in the oven (no curry yellow to clean off of the stove). This was easy to prepare and had a nice balance of flavors. DH asked me to keep the recipe for the sauce. I wish I could give this 5 stars, but picky picky DD didn't like it, and it is listed as a kid-pleaser. The adults all thought it was great!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 (14 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet French onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can apricot halves in juice, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix apricot nectar, onion soup mix and curry, pour over chicken and bake for 45 minutes.
- Add the apricot halves and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir in sour cream and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.