Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Creamy Apple Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 5)
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat liquid coffee creamer
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder and flour, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in apples, water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are very tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender (in batches, if necessary) cover.
- Process until smooth and return to saucepan.
- Stir in Coffee Creamer and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until heated through.