Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon kirschwasser (optional)
- Place chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until mostly melted, then remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream to medium stiff peaks, but do not allow it to become grainy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar, and continue whipping to medium stiff peaks. Fold in egg yolks and kirshwasser.
- Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated, then fold in whipped cream until evenly blended. Spoon into dessert cups, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.