Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
This is by far the best creamed spinach recipe that I have ever tasted! My mother got married in early Nov and my brother (a chef) served Bar-B-Qued Filet Mignon, oven roasted red potatoes, this creamed spinach, salad and garlicy cheesy bread - Talk about heaven!! The creamed spinach stole the show and 1/2 the guests left with the recipe! He found the recipe on the internet, it is a copy cat recipe of Boston Market's creamed spinach. (I think it's better).
Top Review by FlemishMinx
We loved this delicious side. My husband commented that this is the best spinach he has ever eaten and I can only agree. I halved the recipe for the two of us and followed it precisely, except for adding the water in step 6; my thawed spinach still had moisture in it that I couldn't completely squeeze out, so I only added an extra tablespoon of water. Thanks for posting, Renee!
- 73.94 ml butter (divided) or 73.94 ml margarine (divided)
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 29.58 ml minced onions
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 2 (566.99 g) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt 3 Tbls butter.
- Stir flour and salt into pan until creamed together.
- Slowly stir in cream, then stir in cream cheese, increase heat to medium.
- Constantly whisk until mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in remaining butter until transparent.
- Add spinach and water to pan, reduce heat to low, cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Stir prepared sauce and Parmesan cheese into pan, stir until completely blended.