Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple, yet decadent side dish. From a March 1984 issue of Bon Appetit in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section. The recipe was requested from Gab'y Seafood Restaurant in Killarney, Ireland.
- 1 lb boiling potato (White Rose is a good variety)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes in enough water to cover until tender;let cool and peel.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange slices in single layer (do not overlap) in 4 small or 1 large gratin dish.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks;spread over potatoes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil as close to heat source as possible until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.