Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I this at a friends house and it was great. She gave me a list of ingredients and this is what I came up with. It is great as pheasant works well with dove breasts and chicken breast with or without skin. Great with rice or noodles. Serve with a salad and rolls for a great meal.
- 907.18 g pheasants (or chicken)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 340.19 g container sour cream
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml parsley or 14.79 ml dill
- In skillet heat canola oil ( or oil of your choice) fry pheasant in oil until for 7 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add flour to dripping and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then whisk in milk parsley and salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add sour cream stirring in and then add pheasant back into gravy, just heat through, do not boil or sour cream will curdle.
After reading the 2 reviews on this recipe I thought I would add a little more flavour. To the original ingredients I added a chorizo (bacon would be good as well), a chicken stock cube, mushrooms, garlic and about 1tbs lemon juice and approx 1 cup water. I think this recipe would also work very well by replacing all the milk with water. It was very tasty.
The ingredient list asks for 1 onion and 1 Tbs of paprika, but within the actual receipe those two items weren't mentioned. I figured that maybe it was just forgotten in the directions and added them in. Ugh, the taste was pretty bland, only after adding salt was it editable. I would avoid.
This recipe is easy to prepare however, I had to make more gravy because there was not enough just from the drippings. Pheasant does not produce a lot of juice and the oil alone was not enough. The taste was plain so I added some garlic powder when I was cooking the pheasant the next time I made this, it was awesome. Overall this was an easy, fun and yummy recipe.