Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my stash which I am trying to clean out. Cook and prep times are estimates.
- 6 ears corn
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup leek, chopped
- Cut kernels from ears of corn to measure 3 cups. Scrape milk and remaing pulp from ears.
- Place 1-1/2 kernels, milk, cornstarch, sugar, salt and black pepper in food processor and process until smooth.
- Cook bacon in non-stick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and reserve 1 tsp drippings. Crumble bacon. Add leek to the pan and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add pureed corn mixture remaining corn and corn milk to pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until slightly thickened.
This was a great recipe; perfect comfort food! I didn't have 1%, so I just put a couple tablespoons of cream into skim. I even used half fresh-half frozen corn, and it was delicious!
Excellent recipe! I followed exactly. Everyone loved it! No leftovers. Thanks!