Recipe by cheesygiraffe
I found this in Taste of Home Oct/Nov 2008 magazine. I'm using it this Thanksgiving as one of my side dishes.
Top Review by Connie Lea
This was great. My DH asked what did you do to this corn; it's really good. I did cut up the bacon and saute it with the onions. Also added a little flour to some of the warmed cream as we like it a little thicker, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh corn or 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon, and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.