Prep 13 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this in Taste of Home Oct/Nov 2008 magazine. I'm using it this Thanksgiving as one of my side dishes.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon, and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
This was great. My DH asked what did you do to this corn; it's really good. I did cut up the bacon and saute it with the onions. Also added a little flour to some of the warmed cream as we like it a little thicker, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks so much for sharing.
Absolutely the best creamed corn recipe ever!! My husband always eats seconds so I've increased the amount I prepare. However, I did not have the heavy cream so substituted 3 Tbs of corn starch mixed in with milk. The substitution didn't effect the flavor at all!
We really enjoyed this recipe cheesygiraffe. The corn was incredible served over mashed potatoes. All the flavors blended really well. This quick and easy to make vegetable dish had excellent texture in it. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again often. Made for Fall Pac 2011.