Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
My family loves canned creamed corn but I can't stand it. I finally came up with this recipe so we could all get along at supper. LOL!
Top Review by ginamiller1
Very delicious and simple! I followed the recipe exactly, just used 1 cup 2% milk and 1 cup regular milk, cooked chopped onions w/the corn, and the dish was still rich and creamy. Also for a little color, sprinkled a little smoked paprika on top. Will definitely use again!
- 1 (10 -16 ounce) package frozen corn, cooked
- water, for cooking corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook corn according to package directions; I use the microwave.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and blend well.
- Add milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, and blend with whisk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked, drained corn.
- Hint: sometimes I use part milk, part cream.